It is a challenging thing to identify whether the wisdom tooth is infected or growing. These two things are entirely different, and their symptoms are too. It is crucial to pay close attention to them. In this article, we will discuss all the signs you need to look for when finding out the same.
Wisdom tooth infections are common these days. The symptoms are fever, chills, toothache, bad breath, etc. If you are facing any of these issues, you should consult a dentist. They will provide you with the proper medication to manage the condition. But make sure to follow everything they recommend for the best results.
On the contrary, when this tooth grows, people face different things. These include swollen gums, redness, consistent pain, irritation, and more. Growing a wisdom tooth is a painful experience for a lot of people. It takes a few weeks to years for a complete wisdom tooth. Many factors depend on its growth.
You should always consider consulting a dentist if you experience any teeth-related problems. They will help you figure out the condition and also contribute to treating it. You can easily find the best oral surgeon in Texas with a little bit of research.
You might be curious to know everything about wisdom tooth infection and growth. Let’s not waste any more time and get started with the same.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Wisdom Tooth Infection?
Anyone can get the infection if their oral hygiene is not good. That is why you need to look for various signs and symptoms. They are as follows-
- Fever: Fever is the most common symptom of this type of infection. There will be no significant difference between a normal fever and a fever from a wisdom tooth infection. So, you have to consult a doctor to confirm the same. Sometimes, people self-diagnose and get the wrong medicines. You should never do this thing if you want to recover fast. Taking sound advice from a doctor is the best option for you.
- Chills: Are you feeling sudden chills all over your body? Well, it is another sign that you are suffering from an infection. Your body’s temperature will also help you determine if you are having a fever and getting chills. These chills stay for an extended period. So, you need to pay attention to the same.
- Pain in the jaw and face: The jaw and face are two parts that are mostly affected during a wisdom tooth infection. If you have been experiencing it for a long time, you should get an oral checkup. The dentist will choose the best possible treatment to reduce it. The pain that occurs in these areas might be excruciating. You have to take the medicines as soon as possible to get relief.
- Tooth pain: You will naturally face pain in the wisdom tooth. It is the most significant sign of an infection. Some people try home remedies to reduce it. It is always better to avoid these things and consult a professional. You might not know when the condition worsens after a while.
- Bad breath: Bad breath signifies various problems. But they are usually related to oral hygiene. There might be an infection in the wisdom tooth that is creating bad breath. The taste is also affected by this condition.
- Pus in the gums: Have you noticed any bumps near your wisdom tooth? If yes, it might be pus. You have to get it checked by the dentist because it is a vital sign.
- Swelling in the lymph nodes: Your lymph nodes can reveal various health issues. If you have an infection, you will notice some swelling. You might also experience pain. So, be careful when you come across these symptoms.
- Sensitive teeth: Many people suffer from tooth sensitivity. But sometimes, it is an indication of a severe problem. That is why consulting a professional is the best way to get rid of it.
- Bleeding: After brushing the teeth, bleeding can occur sometimes. But if you notice it for a few days, it might be an infection. You should take care of your gums by properly brushing them every day.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Wisdom Tooth Growth?
A wisdom tooth comes with various symptoms and signs. Unfortunately, you can only identify with some common ones.
- Itchiness: When your gums are itchy, it is strong evidence of growth. You can easily recognize the same if you pay close attention to it.
- Swollen gums: The gums will also swell up a little in this situation. It usually happens in the surrounding areas where the tooth is coming out.
- Pain: Pain in the gums is another sign that indicates the growth of a wisdom tooth. It increases with time. You can take some pain relief medicines to reduce the same.
- Redness: You might also notice a slight redness in this case. The redness will be noticeable enough to confirm that it is coming out very soon. You have to brush your teeth gently to avoid further pain.
- Aches in the head areas: If your head areas are hurting these days, it is also a symptom. You can take painkillers to get relief from pain.
- Appearance: You will also notice the wisdom tooth after some time. It is better to check your mouth if you are facing any trouble. You might usually see the white specks.
What Should You Do After Identifying The Condition?
Once you recognize the condition, you can proceed to other things. Dentists are the only ones who can provide you with the proper guidance. You must take better care of your oral health to avoid these problems.
The Bottom Line
Comparing these two conditions is challenging, but the above information will help. You can quickly determine the condition through the signs and symptoms. Your signs might vary from others in some ways. So, consult a dentist to understand the condition and resolve it as soon as possible. Also, if the problem continues, you can consult a better dentist.